This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is super moist with just the right amount of chocolate. The chilled Raspberry Mascarpone Cream is slightly sweet, tart, and extra creamy.
The two together = 👩🏽🍳💋
This post includes affiliate links. When I find a product that I love and use daily, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn commission for my recommendations. Thank you for your support! 🖤
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Raspberry Mascarpone Cream
Are you a beginner baker, baking with your kids, or just like/need a quick and easy baking recipe? Well, my friends, this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Raspberry Mascarpone Cream is for YOU!
Sound fancy and difficult? Maybe.
Fancy and difficult? Definitely not.
When it comes to baking, for me, it comes second to cooking savory recipes. I’m just not a person who loves sweets. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a sweet treat after dinner; however, that usually means a Kind Bar paired with a glass of oat milk.
If I’m in a baking mood, you can bet I am filling my kitchen with the smell of freshly baked Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, or this decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Raspberry Cream; my go-to easy baking recipes!
How to Make the Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Cream the Butter and Sugar
Creamed butter and sugar is the first step to making great baked goods, and it couldn’t be easier!
- Remove butter from the refrigerator and allow it to soften.
- Using a KitchenAid stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter at a low speed for thirty seconds to get the butter creamy and whipped.
- Add the sugar and beat on high until it’s a pale ivory color that looks fluffy yet still grainy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically.
Which KitchenAid Attachment for Creaming Butter and Sugar?
That would be the flat beater attachment. This is the primary multi-purpose beater and should be used for heavy mixtures such as cookies, cakes, chocolate chip banana bread, etc.
I think I may update my flat beater to this stainless steel one soon. It’s time. I have had my KitchenAid for so long, but it’s still going strong! Even after (at least) four moves. 🤪
Sift Together the Dry Ingredients
In the meantime, sift together the dry ingredients. I use a large fine mesh strainer. Set the flour mixture aside, we’ll use it in a moment!
Add the eggs and extracts, Buttermilk, and Mashed Ripe Bananas
Combine the eggs with the creamed butter and sugar, one at a time. Mix until fully incorporated, scraping the edges of the bowl between each addition. Add two teaspoons each of vanilla and almond extracts, also mixing and scraping between each teaspoon.
Next, with the KitchenAid running on low, slowly stream in the buttermilk and add the bananas.
Buttermilk Substitute: Lemon Juice or Vinegar
🌿 PRO TIP: If you don’t have buttermilk, there is an easy substitute with ingredients that are regularly in the refrigerator and/or pantry. I usually do a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice per half cup of milk. The other day, I ran out of milk and buttermilk, so I added vinegar to half & half that I had in the fridge; it worked great!
Can Bananas be too Ripe for Banana Bread?
There is a difference between bananas being overripe and rotten.
Don’t throw those “overripe” bananas away, use them to make my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Raspberry Mascarpone Cream!
Incorporate the flour mixture and add the chocolate chips
Slowly add the flour mixture (on low/medium or it will go everywhere). 🤪 Once it’s well combined, fold in the chocolate chips!
Preheat the oven, butter and flour the cake pan, then bake
Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle it with flour until coated and shake off any excess flour. Pour the chocolate chip banana bread batter into the pan and set it aside.
Bake the banana bread in your preheated oven for about an hour and fifteen minutes. I would set the timer for an hour to see if its done. Everyone’s oven is different, so be sure to check the doneness with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it, bake a bit more until it comes out clean!
How to Make Raspberry Mascarpone Cream
As I mentioned, you don’t need the raspberry mascarpone cream. The banana bread recipe is good on its own; however, you would be missing out. The raspberry mascarpone cream is just slightly sweet, super creamy, and the raspberries add a wonderful tartness and another dimension to the recipe. It complements the rich chocolate chip banana bread so well!
All you need to do is combine mascarpone, fresh raspberries, powdered sugar, and a pinch of sea salt to a food processor, and blend until smooth and well combined. Store in the fridge in a container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a mason jar, for three to four days.
TIP: Warm each slice of leftover chocolate chip banana bread in the microwave for about twenty seconds and spread a nice helping of raspberry mascarpone cream on the slices before serving.
As always, I’d love to hear from you all! About your experience with this dish, any alterations you may have made and loved (or didn’t love), or just life and cooking in general. Please leave a review/comment/question below, reach out via emai, and/or stay connected with me on social media, which I have linked below. Take care! – Jenna 🖤
MORE SWEETS YOU’LL LOVE:
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is super moist with just the right amount of chocolate, while the Raspberry Mascarpone Cream has a nice tartness thanks to the fresh raspberries and is lusciously creamy and lightly sweetened. The two together are perfect!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD:
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 large or 4 medium bananas (equal to about 1 1/2 cups), mashed well
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, semi-sweet or dark – whichever you prefer
- Avocado cooking spray + flour, for coating and dusting the pan
RASPBERRY MASCARPONE CREAM:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- CREAM BUTTER AND SUGARS. Remove butter from the refrigerator and allow it to soften. Using a KitchenAid stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter at a low speed for thirty seconds to get the butter creamy and whipped. Add the sugar and beat on high until it’s a pale ivory color that looks fluffy yet still grainy, scraping down the sides of the bowl periodically.
- SIFT DRY INGREDIENTS. Using a fine mesh strainer or a whisk, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set it aside.
- ADD EGGS AND EXTRACTS. Add one egg at a time to the butter and sugar until well combined, then the vanilla and almond extract one teaspoon at a time: scraping the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
- ADD BUTTERMILK, MASHED BANANAS, FLOUR MIXTURE, AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add bananas and mix, then stream in buttermilk until well combined. Incorporate the flour mixture a little bit at a time on low speed until everything comes together. Finally, drop in the chocolate chips and mix on the “stir” speed or fold in with a rubber spatula.
- PREHEAT OVEN, GREASE AND FLOUR LOAF PAN, THEN BAKE. Preheat to 350°F (177°C). Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with flour until coated and shake off any excess. Pour chocolate chip banana bread batter into the pan and set aside. Bake the banana bread in your preheated oven for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes. Every oven is different, so be sure to check the doneness with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it, bake a bit more until it comes out clean.
- RASPBERRY MASCARPONE CREAM. Combine mascarpone, fresh raspberries, powdered sugar, and a pinch of sea salt to a food processor, and blend until smooth and well combined. Spread the desired amount of raspberry mascarpone on each individual slice. Store in the fridge in a container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a mason jar, for three to four days.
To easily remove the banana bread from the pan, place a piece of parchment paper in the oiled/floured pan before adding the banana bread mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Category: Snacks & Desserts
- Method: Oven, KitchenAid
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, Chocolate Banana Bread, Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Moist Banana Bread, Banana Bread Recipe, Raspberry Mascarpone Cream, Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe, Easy Baking Recipes for Kids, Popular Baked Goods, Easy Baking Recipes with Few Ingredients, Easy Baking Recipes for Beginners, Fun Easy Baking Recipes, Easy Baking Recipes from Scratch, Mauro & Gianni, Mascarpone, Mascarpone Recipes, Banana Recipes, Baking Recipes, Fall Baking Recipes, Raspberry Baking Recipes