Watermelon season is in full swing, and these (vegan, gluten-free, and paleo) Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots are (un)officially the drink of the summer (along with my 4 Ingredient Chaga Mushroom Iced Coffee with Espresso)! They’re healthy, hydrating, and highly refreshing. 🍉
I bet you’ll love these recipes, too…
This post includes affiliate links. When I find a product that I love and use daily, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn commission for my recommendations. Thank you for your support! 🖤
Shop my favorite equipment for this recipe:
3 Ingredient Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe
I love taking wellness shots for a little health boost; however, they can get expensive when buying them individually (or even in bulk) from the grocery store. Making homemade wellness shots is cheaper, plus, you can adjust the recipe to your liking!
I thought of this recipe by chance, thanks to my husband craving watermelon. After buying a large watermelon, he of course ate a maximum of four pieces; so, here I am, left with a ridiculous amount of watermelon. I was thinking of a way to use it, and I had already been on a homemade lemon/ginger/cayenne wellness shots kick. So, the vegan Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe was born!
This vegan Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe is super easy to prepare and comes together quickly (10 minutes max).
If you have a juicer, I envy you. It’s on my wish list! In the meantime, it’s simple to prepare homemade wellness shots if you have a blender and a fine mesh strainer.
Not only do I not have a juicer, my blender is small (I got it for smoothies awhile back), but it gets the job done! It may take a bit more effort on my end since I need to blend in several batches then strain it; however, that doesn’t bother me…. Okay I should stop lying to myself and just get the juicer. 🤣
Or a Vitamix. I’ve always wanted one!
Just three simple ingredients are needed to make this Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe!
- An entire watermelon that weighs as much as my dog, Bentley
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ginger (you don’t even need to peel it)!
The watermelon adds sweetness and freshness, the lemon juice adds acidity, but the best part? The spicy kick, warmth, and sharpness from the ginger. It’ll really wake you up in the morning!
Health Benefits of Each Recipe Ingredient
Did you know that watermelon is 92% water? I’m embarrassed to say that I was today years old when I realized that’s most likely why it’s called a watermelon.
Anyway….staying hydrated is important for your body to function properly, therefore eating foods with a high water content, such as watermelon, is essential. Especially in these hot summer months!
Not only is watermelon exceptionally hydrating, but it also contains tons of nutrients, including vitamins A and C, potassium, and magnesium. It’s also low in calories, containing only forty-six per cup.
It may also:
- Have anticancer effects
- Improve heart health
- Reduce inflammation and oxidative stress
- Help prevent macular degeneration
- Relieve muscle soreness
- Aid skin health
- Improve digestion
Resource | Healthline.com
PRO TIP: You can avoid food waste by blending the watermelon rind with ice and lemon juice to make a smoothie. It’s filled with nutrients. So, no more throwing out those watermelon peels!
We are obsessed with lemons in the Geiger household; I sometimes buy two bags a week. It may be a bit excessive, but we love lemons! Lemon drinks (like this Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe), savory recipes with fresh lemons, lemon DIY cleaning spray. The list goes on and on.
Not only are they the most perfect sour and sweet citrusy treat; they’re also super healthy for you!
The following list consists of six evidence-based health benefits of lemons:
- Supports heart health – Lemons are high in vitamin C and beneficial plant compounds (hesperidin and diosmin) that may lower cholesterol.
- Helps control weight – Studies show that lemon extract and plant compounds may promote weight loss in animals, but the effects in humans are unknown.
- Prevents kidney stones – Citric acid may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH.
- Protects against anemia – Lemons improve your absorption of iron from plant foods.
- Reduces cancer risk – Some plant chemicals found in lemons have been shown to prevent cancer in animal studies; however, human studies are needed.
- Improves digestive health – To benefit from the soluble fiber found in lemons, you need to eat the pulp of the lemon, not just drink the juice.
Resource | Healthline.com
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. I love cooking with it and especially consuming it in its raw form. Ginger has amazing effects on the body and is so beneficial to overall health.
- Ginger contains gingerol which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and may also help prevent cancer.
- It can treat nausea related to chemotherapy, nausea after surgery, and morning sickness.
- Ginger promotes weight loss and prevents obesity due to its potential to help increase the number of calories burned and reduce inflammation.
- It can help with osteoarthritis, especially in the knee.
- Ginger may lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors.
- It can help treat indigestion.
- Ginger may significantly reduce menstrual pain.
- It may lower cholesterol levels.
- Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can help fight infections.
Resource | Healthline.com
How to Prepare the Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe (Without a Juicer)
Wash the Ginger and Cube the Watermelon
First, you’re going wash the ginger either with your hands or a vegetable scrubber brush. You don’t even need to peel it! Next, cut your watermelon into cubes (thankful to Kristyn from Lil’ Luna for putting together this guide on How to Cut a Watermelon)!
BLEND AND STRAIN THE GINGER AND WATERMELON
I spoke about a blender earlier, and now is it’s time to shine. ☀️
If you have a small blender and need to blend in batches like me, make sure you blend some watermelon with the ginger. The juice from the watermelon gives the ginger the push it needs to begin blending. You’ll have more watermelon than ginger; so, blend the remainder of the watermelon. Then over a large bowl, press the juice through the fine mesh strainer using a rubber spatula.
Instead of tossing the ginger/watermelon pulp, you may want to try making Pulp Pantry’s tea, although the instructions are for ginger pulp only, not watermelon and ginger. So, I’m not sure if you want watermelon flavored tea; that decision is all yours!
FRESHLY SQUEEZE THE LEMON JUICE, ADD, AND STIR
Lastly, freshly squeeze the lemons using either your hands or a citrus hand squeezer/juicer. I have the most basic manual citrus juicer; I honestly don’t even know where I got it from or the brand of it, and I’ve had it for years. It works though! Not everything in cooking needs to be expensive and automatic. If I had to compare, it would be something basic like this citrus hand squeezer/juicer (love the stainless steel)! 😊🍋
Stir in the lemon juice, and there you have it! The BEST vegan Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe. Serve them individually in tiny glass vials and/or store and chug it straight from a huge mason jar (Jon and I 100% do this). Shake well before drinking!
A recommendation would be to add these wellness shots to the table at a baby shower, wedding, or brunch gathering! It would add a beautiful color pop.
They’re so good, refreshing, and healthy. You guys are going to love this recipe! 🍉🍉🍉
As always, I’d love to hear from you all! About your experience with this dish, any alterations you may have made and loved (or didn’t love), or just life and cooking in general. Please leave a review/comment/question below, reach out via email, and/or stay connected with me on social media, which I have linked below. Take care! – Jenna 🖤
MORE HEALTHY DRINK RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 70+ ounces of juice 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Easy to prepare, healthy, hydrating, and highly refreshing! Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots are vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
- 10–pound watermelon (seedless or seeded – it doesn’t matter), cut into chunks – flesh only
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 1–pound fresh ginger, scrubbed and rinsed
- SCRUB THE GINGER, CUBE THE WATERMELON, AND HALVE THE LEMONS. Scrub the ginger with your hands or a vegetable scrubber brush. You don’t even need to peel it! Cut the watermelon into cubes, and halve the lemons.
- BLEND AND STRAIN THE GINGER AND WATERMELON. Break the ginger into small pieces. If you have a small blender and need to blend in batches like me, blend some watermelon with the ginger. The juice from the watermelon gives the ginger the push it needs to begin blending. You’ll have more watermelon than ginger; so, blend the remainder of the watermelon. Then over a large bowl, press the juice through the fine mesh strainer using a rubber spatula. You can also use your favorite large blender or juicer!
- JUICE THE LEMONS AND STIR. Freshly squeeze the lemons using either your hands or a citrus hand squeezer/juicer. Stir into the watermelon and ginger juice mixture. Enjoy your new favorite healthy drink! 🍉🍋
- Store the shots in tiny glass vials and/or large mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Shake well before drinking!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Coffee, Wellness Shots, and Smoothies
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Seasonal
Keywords: Wellness Shots Recipe, Wellness Shots Benefits, Wellness Shots for Gut Health, Wellness shots for Weight Loss, Lemon Ginger Juice, Lemon Ginger Benefits, Lemon Ginger Shot, Lemon and Ginger for Weight Loss, Watermelon Benefits, Watermelon Juice, Watermelon Season, Watermelon Calories, Lemon Juice, Ginger Juice, Watermelon and Lemon Juice Benefits, Watermelon Ginger Lemon Viagra, Watermelon Ginger Juice Benefits, Watermelon Ginger Juice Recipe, Ginger, Lemon, Watermelon, Healthy Juice Recipes, Vegan, Vegan Juice, Vegan Juice Cleanse, Vegan Fruit Juice, 3 Ingredient, Vegan Juice Recipes for Weight Loss, Vegan Juice Cleanse, Vegan Juice Cleanse Recipes, Ninja Blender Juice Recipes, Fruit Juice Combinations, Homemade Fruit Juice Recipes, Blender Juice Recipes for Weight Loss, Healthy Juice Recipes, Blender Juice Recipes for Skin, Healthy Blender Juice Recipes, Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe, Ginger Shots, When to Take a Ginger Shot, How to Make Ginger shots without a Juicer, Best Ginger Shot Recipe, How to Make Ginger Shots
26 thoughts on “Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe.”
These look delicious and so healthy!! And pretty, they would look so pretty on the table at any celebration ! I can’t wait to make these! As usual thankyou for a delicious and healthy recipe! That’s so important these days!
Looks so delicious and healthy 🙂 and probably cheaper than what you pay at those juice shops!
Thank you, Hannah, it is! It makes so much for a small price. 😊
This sounds so yummy and refreshing! Ginger is usually too strong for me, but I bet that the watermelon would provide an excellent balance!
It certainly does! You can still taste/feel the spiciness of the ginger, but the watermelon cools it down a bit and makes it more refreshing! 😊
Thank you for this recipe. It looks delicious and refreshing, and it is healthy.
You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by. 😊
Hi, I love that you list all the health benefits to these ingredients, I have to admit I never would have thought about blending the peel of a watermelon before. But I’m gonna give it a try, I love the colour too!
Hi Sabrina, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the wellness shots. 😊
had literally never heard of a wellness shot until now and now im so ready to try one. Thank you
Hi Arnetta! Im so glad you discovered something new on Heavenly Spiced. Let me know how you like them! 😊🍉
This looks and sounds like a wonderful delicious recipe. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe. Ginger is very good for you. ☺️
Pastor Natalie (ExamineThisMoment)
Thank you so much, Natalie!
This sounds so refreshing! Not sure about watermelon-flavored tea, but I bet the watermelon-ginger pulp would make a tasty soda if you steeped it with a very small amount of water and added some seltzer on top…
I absolutely love that idea, Jay! Seltzer is the best. I’m going to try that next time I make my wellness shots. Thank you! 🙂
Great way to have daily vitamins in a liquid form.
I agree! Thank you for stopping by. 🙂
this looks great
Thank you, Jimmy!
Man, that looks delicious …plus the health benefits. Amazing!!!
Thank you so much, Vaishali! They are delicious and super healthy. 🍉😊
While I have never tried a wellness shot ,looking at your recipe has given me the incentive to try one!! They look so refreshing and beautiful! I will be sure to let you know how much I enjoyed them.
Thank you, Aunt Lynn! You should try them! I think you’ll enjoy them. ❤️🍉
There are so many delicious recipes on your site that my husband absolutely adores. Your effort in creating all this is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much Nisee (and husband)! ☺️ Its truly my pleasure to create these recipes for you all. I appreciate your kind words, and hope you guys love the recipes if you decide to try any!