Salmon is cut into bite-size pieces, coated in a saucy honey chipotle marinade, then baked. The avocado salsa and mango sauce are served cold, and offer hints of jalapeno and fresno chile pepper, onions, cilantro, garlic, lime. Served over the rice of your choice.
- 1 – 1 1/4 pound wild-caught salmon
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1–2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, small dice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Fresno chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 mangoes
- 1 jalapeno, remove seeds and membrane for less heat
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice + a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper (you choose: wild rice, cauliflower rice, brown rice, etc.)
- cotija cheese, crumbled
- sliced scallions (for garnish – optional)
- MARINATE THE SALMON. Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces. Add the ingredients for the marinade to a food processor, and blend until combined. Gently toss the salmon pieces with the marinade, and store in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour (overnight is best for maximum flavor).
- COOK THE RICE. Cook your rice according to package directions or see the post above (Section: 2. THE RICE) for an alternative way. Once cooked, squeeze some lime juice over top and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss.
- PREPARE THE AVOCADO SALSA. First, juice the limes with your hands or a citrus hand squeezer/juicer. Dice the avocados and pour the lime juice over them to prevent the avocados from turning brown. Small dice the red onion and fresno chile pepper and chop the cilantro. Sprinkle in your spices and gently toss everything together with a rubber spatula. Cover and place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- BLEND THE MANGO SAUCE. Combine the mangoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, water, avocado oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a condiment squeeze bottle (optional). Keep it cool in the refrigerator while the salmon bites are cooking.
- COOK THE SALMON BITES. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Remove the salmon bites from the marinade and place on a sheet baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes. I like to cook them to about medium (see: Salmon Temperatures by Doneness).
- ASSEMBLE. Divide the rice, avocado salsa, and salmon bites evenly between four bowls. Squeeze a generous serving of mango sauce over top each bowl and then sprinkle on some cotija cheese. Serve the extra mango sauce on the side because you can never have too much sauce!
- You can make the mango sauce spicier by adding some jalapeno seeds instead of removing all seeds and membrane.
- For a milder version of the salmon: leave out the whole chipotle peppers and just add two to three tablespoons of the chipotle in adobo sauce.
- If salmon isn’t your thing, you can certainly use your favorite source of protein, such as tofu, chicken, etc.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Seasonal
Keywords: Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas, Healthy Main Meals, Healthy Meals for the Week, Weekly Dinner Ideas, Weeknight Recipes, Dinner Ideas, Easy Dinner Recipes, Weeknight Dinners Healthy, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick Easy Healthy Meals, Summer Recipes Healthy, Summer Recipes Easy, Summer Recipes 2022, Top 10 Summer Recipes, Easy Summer Dinners, Lazy Summer Dinner Ideas, Summer Weeknight Dinners, Easy Summer Dinner Recipes for Family, Summer Dinner Party Menu, Summer Dinner Ideas Kid Friendly, Summer Dinner Ideas for Hot Days, Salmon Fish, Salmon in Oven, Salmon Fillet, Best Salmon Delivery, Salmon Skin, Salmon Recipes, Salmon Rice Bowl, Salmon Bowl Tiktok, Best Salmon Bowl Recipe, Simple Salmon Bowl, Spicy Salmon Bowl, Rice Bowl Recipe, Easy Rice Bowl Recipes, Salmon, Chunky Avocado Salsa, Avocado Salsa for Fish, Avocado Salsa Recipe, Avocado and Mango, Mango Sauce for Fish, Mango Sauce Recipes, Easy Mango Sauce, Healthy Mango Sauce, How Long to Marinate Salmon, Overnight Salmon Marinade, Easy Salmon Marinade, Spicy Salmon Marinade, Salmon Bites Bowl, How to Make Salmon Bites, Lazy Dinners, Lazy Summer Meals, Seasonal Recipes, Wholesome Recipes, Whole Foods, Fresh Herbs, Cilantro, Jalapeno