Whether you’re making this vegan Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe or sipping on a piña colada on a tropical island, the combination of pineapple and coconut is always a great idea. 🍍🥥
My Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots were a hit this summer, so I couldn’t let August end without sharing another one of my sweet and zingy juice recipes with you guys! I hope you love it. 🤍
You may also like: 4 Ingredient Chaga Mushroom Iced Coffee with Espresso
This post includes affiliate links. When I find a product that I love and use daily, I like to share it with my readers. Sometimes I use affiliate links so I can earn commission for my recommendations. Thank you so much for your support! 🤍💚
4 Ingredient Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe
This recipe is your reminder that summer is not over, despite the many Fall inspired recipes hitting the internet lately. Don’t get me wrong; I love comforting dishes, decorating the house with pumpkins while watching a spooky movie, and cozying up in front of a fireplace.
But I’m not ready to let summer slip away just yet. To me, summer ending doesn’t only mean the loss of sunshine and warmth. It has a whole new meaning this year thanks to the military (more on that later).
No matter how much I want summer to stay, once we get back from New York in a few weeks it’ll be time to break out the crock pot and plan recipes for the Fall.
For now, I’ll stick to making these Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots! ☀️🍋
Do you have a habit of buying wellness shots at the grocery store? You may have noticed they can get expensive if you’re buying them individually (or even the cases of 4). Making them at home is cheaper, plus you can adjust the recipe to your liking.
And unlike some juices, you can guarantee your homemade juice ingredients are free from added sugars, colors, and preservatives. ✅✅✅
Just four fresh and nutritious ingredients are needed to make this vegan Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe.
- Pressed Coconut Water (See: Pressed Coconut Water vs Regular)
The pineapple is sweet and tart, the coconut water mildly nutty, the lemons sour and bright, and the ginger sharp and spicy. It’s a great combination for a wellness shot, in my opinion!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EACH INGREDIENT
Pineapples are low in calories, and offer considerable amounts of nutrients, such as vitamin C, which is essential for things like immune health and iron absorption. It’s also rich in manganese which offers antioxidant properties.
- Are rich in manganese which offers antioxidant properties that may fight various diseases
- Contain an enzyme, bromelain, which may enhance your immune function, reduce the risk of certain cancers, speed recovery after surgery or exercise, ease symptoms of inflammatory arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties, and ease the digestion of meat
Resource | Healthline.com
Coconut water is a naturally sweet, trendy beverage filled with tons of vitamins and minerals. It contains only a tiny amount of fat, and is made up of 94% water, making it perfect for staying hydrated during these sizzling summer days.
Check out this list of evidence-based health benefits of coconut water:
- It may have antioxidant properties that help modify free radicals, so they no longer cause damage
- People living with diabetes may notice lower blood sugar levels
- May help prevent kidney stones (two small studies show coconut water can be even better at this than regular water alone)
- It may support heart health
- It restores hydration and replenishes electrolytes lost during strenuous exercise
Resource | Healthline.com
Lucky for me I already did the research for both lemon and ginger health benefits for my Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe. 🎉
As previously mentioned, we love lemons lemons in the Geiger household. Not only are they delicious, but they can also be used for lemon DIY cleaning spray, and in many other ways.
The following list consists of evidence-based health benefits of lemons:
- Supports heart health – Lemons are high in vitamin C and beneficial plant compounds (hesperidin and diosmin) that may lower cholesterol.
- Helps control weight – Studies show that lemon extract and plant compounds may promote weight loss in animals, but the effects in humans are unknown.
- Prevents kidney stones – Citric acid may help prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine pH.
- Protects against anemia – Lemons improve your absorption of iron from plant foods.
- Reduces cancer risk – Some plant chemicals found in lemons have been shown to prevent cancer in animal studies; however, human studies are needed.
- Improves digestive health – To benefit from the soluble fiber found in lemons, you need to eat the pulp of the lemon, not just drink the juice.
Resource | Healthline.com
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices in the world. I love cooking with it and especially consuming it in its raw form. Ginger has amazing effects on the body and is so beneficial to overall health.
- Ginger contains gingerol which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and may also help prevent cancer.
- It can treat nausea related to chemotherapy, nausea after surgery, and morning sickness.
- Ginger promotes weight loss and prevents obesity due to its potential to help increase the number of calories burned and reduce inflammation.
- It can help with osteoarthritis, especially in the knee.
- Ginger may lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors.
- It can help treat indigestion.
- Ginger may significantly reduce menstrual pain.
- It may lower cholesterol levels.
- Ginger may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can help fight infections.
Resource | Healthline.com
How to Make the Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe (Without a Juicer)
Wash the Ginger and Cube the Pineapple
First, you’re going wash the ginger either with your hands or a vegetable scrubber brush. You don’t even need to peel it! Next, cut your pineapple into cubes (check out Evolving Table’s guide on How to Cut a Pineapple).
BLEND AND STRAIN THE GINGER AND PINEAPPLE
If you have a small blender and need to blend in batches like me, make sure you blend some pineapple with the ginger, along with enough water to give the ginger the push it needs to begin blending. You’ll have more pineapple than ginger; so, blend the remainder of the pineapple. Then over a large bowl, press the juice through the fine mesh strainer using a rubber spatula until you’re left with only the pulp.
STIR IN VITA COCO COCONUT WATER AND FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON JUICE
It can’t get easier than that! You can serve these wellness shots individually in tiny glass vials or store the juice in a mason jar. Separation is normal. Shake well before drinking!
I hope you enjoy this Pineapple Coconut Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe as much as Jon and I do! 🍍🥥🍋
A recommendation would be to add these wellness shots to the table at a baby shower, wedding, or other party/gathering! It would add a beautiful color pop.
As always, I’d love to hear from you all! About your experience with this dish, any alterations you may have made and loved (or didn’t love), or just life and cooking in general. You can reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and/or stay connected with me on social media, which I have linked below.
MORE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Watermelon Lemon Ginger Juice Wellness Shots Recipe.
Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Minty Sugar Snap Peas.
Caprese Turkey Burgers with Basil Vinaigrette.
Salmon Rice Bowls with Avocado Salsa and Mango Sauce.
Lamb Kofta Lettuce Wraps with Creamy Feta-Yogurt Dressing.
Sweet, tangy, citrusy, hydrating, refreshing, nutritious. There are so many ways to describe this wellness shots recipe. Try them for yourselves, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 pineapple, flesh only – cut into chunks
- 1 cup Vita Coco Pressed Coconut Water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 pound of fresh ginger, scrubbed and rinsed
- SCRUB THE GINGER. Scrub the ginger with your hands or a vegetable scrubber brush. You don’t even need to peel it!
- CUT PINEAPPLE INTO CHUNKS. Remove the top and the skin of the pineapple as well as the core, then cut it into chunks.
- BLEND AND STRAIN THE GINGER AND PINEAPPLE. Break the ginger into small pieces. If you have a small blender and need to blend in batches like me, blend some pineapple and a little bit of water with the ginger. This will give the ginger the push it needs to begin blending. You’ll have more pineapple than ginger; so, blend the remainder of the pineapple. Then over a large bowl, press the juice through the fine mesh strainer using a rubber spatula. You can also use your favorite large blender or juicer!
- JUICE THE LEMONS AND STIR IN WITH THE COCONUT WATER. Freshly squeeze the lemons using either your hands or a citrus hand squeezer/juicer. Combine the lemon juice and coconut water with the pineapple and ginger juice mixture. Enjoy your new favorite healthy drink! 🍍🥥🍋
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Coffee, Wellness Shots, and Smoothies, 30 minutes or Less, Vegetarian
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Seasonal
Keywords: Wellness Shots Recipe, Wellness Shots Benefits, Wellness Shots for Gut Health, Wellness shots for Weight Loss, Lemon Ginger Juice, Lemon Ginger Benefits, Lemon Ginger Shot, Lemon and Ginger for Weight Loss, Lemon Juice, Ginger Juice, Lemon Benefits, Lemon Juice Benefits, Lemon Water Benefits, Lemon Benefits and Side Effects, Lemon Juice Benefits for Skin, Lemon Juice Benefits for Hair, Fresh Lemon Juice Benefits, Pure Lemon Juice Benefits, Ginger Benefits for Men, Ginger Benefits for Women, Ginger Benefits Sexually, Eating Raw Ginger Benefits, Ginger Benefits for Skin, Pineapple Juice Benefits, Pineappe Juice, Benefits of Pineapple Sexually, Pineapple Benefits for Women, Pineapple Benefits for Men, Pineapple Benefits for Skin, Pineapple Juice Benefits Female, Pineapple Juice Benefits Male Sexually, Eating Pineapple Benefits, Pineapple and Coconut, Pineapple Coconut Water Benefits, Pineapple and Coconut Drink, Ginger Shot Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Shot Benefits, Pineapple and Coconut Juice, Pineapple and Coconut Juice Benefits